Thursday, 25 May 2017 Canary Wharf, London, E14

Pleats

styling pleated culottes, spring outfit ideas, minimal fashion
zara bell sleeve jumper

/ PLEATED CULOTTES - ZARA (SIMILAR)BELL SLEEVE JUMPER - ZARA (SIMILAR) /
/ TRAINERS - NIKE HUARACHES / LEATHER TOTE - VEJA (SIMILAR)/
/ DUSTER COAT - MONKI (SIMILAR) /

zara pleated culottes
monki minimal duster coat
styling NIKE HUARACHES

Since my teen years, I've always lacked confidence in my body and in my personal style. Hence, my blogging and Instagram activity has always been sporadic because we all feel like shit about ourselves once in a while, and sometimes it's hard to get out that rut, it's kind of a self-reinforcing cycle. 

But in September 2015, after my gap year and during my first few weeks into starting my first year at university, I decided to I chopped my hair. And I don't know what happened but I decided to purchase my first pair of culottes from COS despite telling myself for a while that I couldn't 'pull it off' or whatever other bullshit excuse I gave myself. I remember thinking to myself "how the fu*k am I going to get away with wearing this?" because people would say that it wouldn't suit my body type.  

Call me crazy but sometimes, it's a little thing like chopping your hair that gives you confidence, helps you understand your 'personal style' a little more and lets you not be afraid to wear certain fashion pieces the would usually be out of your comfort zone.  


Photography by Josh Theobald

1 comment

  1. I think the culottes suit you really well actually and if I hadn't read your post, just from your pictures I wouldn't have ever guessed you'd thought twice about buying them and whether or not you'd pull them off!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete

© Thuy's Edit . Design by Fearne.