Monday, 29 May 2017

Summer Glow

When it comes to make-up, I've become pretty minimal; obsessing primarily over base products and skin care. But, there is one aspect of make-up I'm obsessed with – all things dewy, glossy, illuminating

Achieving that dewy look, plastered all over Instagram, isn't the easiest, especially if your skin is oily, acne-prone and sensitive. It's hard not to make your face looking a frying pan or like you've over-applied your highlighter, but I've cracked the code. These are my top five products to achieve that dewy, lit from within glow for those with oily skin:


Charlotte Tilbury's Wonder Glow, £39 via Net-A-Porter
For that effortless, sun-kissed glow, I would recommend applying Charlotte Tilbury's Wonder Glow before your base product, since it is infused with at tint; and a little thereafter, to the high points of your face. It claims to has a 'soft focus' effect, which reflects light, blurs imperfections and fine lines; I can definitely vouch that it reflects light, which gives your skin that radiance; but the other two claims, not so much. It transforms your skin from dull and tired, to a radiant and lit-from-within complexion without making your skin look oily. 

NARS Illuminator in Copacabana, £23 via Selfridges or ASOS
Perfect for those with pink skin undertones, it compliments your skin tone and makes you legit radiant. If you do have pink undertones, I would mix a few drops into your foundation for that all over glow. But I tend to apply this onto my eyelids to recreate the glossy eyelid trend, and directly onto my cheekbones and brow bone. 

Smashbox L.A. Lights in Hollywood and Highlight, £29.00 via Boots (multipack)
A mini, bullet form highlighter, so its perfect in your bag, for on-the-go touch ups through out the day. I use it straight from the bullet and blend using my fingers so it blends seamlessly into the skin. It's great for the bridge of your nose, brow bone and cupid's bow. 

3 Concept Eyes Glow Beam, £15 via Cult Beauty
Mix with your favourite BB cream (mine is either Klairs', Missha or Dr. Jart) and apply the mixture with the warmth of your fingertips to melt it into the skin. After use a BB cushion pad or a beauty blender to create a flawless finish. 

Erborian Brightening CC Cream via House of Fraser 
My alternative to highlighting products is Erborian's Brightening CC Cream. If your skin is already flawless, just apply it after your skincare, and watch it colour correct and even out your skin. However, if your skin suffers from hyper pigmentation and spots, the coverage won't suffice, so I'd recommend applying this as a primer before foundation, and it keeps your skin fresh and bright all day long. 


2 comments

  1. I love the NARS Illuminator - hadn't thought to try it on my eyelids! :)

    Claire | Vanity Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. so useful - you can never have enough highlight!

    ReplyDelete

© Thuy's Edit . Design by Fearne.