Saturday, 24 June 2017 Columbia Rd, London, E2 7RG

Flowers and Brunch


I love Sundays. If you're visiting London, here's what I'd recommend doing on your Sunday: 
  • Brunch! We started our day off brunching at Clerkenwell Grind. We ordered a dish of their sweet potato harissa cakes with poached eggs and their pancakes with coconut whip, accompanied with a latte and a filtered coffee – all delicious. 
  • Grab an iced coffee to keep yourself cool as you walk.
  • We visited Columbia Road Flower Market, purchase a few if you're staying in London for a while, if not, visit anyway, all the flowers are so beautiful and the vibe is so relaxing.
  • Pop down to Redchurch Street – visit stores such as A.P.C., Modern Society, Labour and Wait, and Aesop.
  • Continue the shopping at Shoreditch BOXPARK. My favourite stores are Astrid and Miyu, AOC Edit, Papersmiths, Decorum and Wandering Minds. 
  • Heck, grab an icecream at Soft Serve Society whilst you're there. I'd recommend asking what their flavour of the week is, if it doesn't tickle your fancy, get their classic matcha and vanilla cone, and I like to add a toasted marshmellow. Or if avaliable, get their black coconut icecream! 
  • You'll find yourself at Brick Lane, visit the food markets and vintage stores, and if you have space in your stomach, grab a bite to eat. Hot dogs are great there. And if not, shop to work up an appetite. 
  • And no East London trip is complete without visiting Old Spitalfields Market, shop, eat and just chill. Grab a doughnut from Crosstown for tomorrow morning (as a midnight snack, no judgment), my fave is their classic glaze – nom!

For more outfit details and photos, check out my previous post here; and my previous Sunday post is linked here. To get the Google Maps directions of this trip, find it here


Photography by Joshua Theobald and myself

7 comments

  1. Sweet potato and harissa cakes!!? YUM! Love your blooms and LOVE shopping vintage in Bricklane, sounds like you had a fantastic outing.

    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO yum! I'm definitely going to try recreate it at home!
      I've never had much luck with shopping for vintage bits in Brick Lane, it's definitely a fun experience nonetheless!

      Thuy xo

      Delete
  2. What a fun Sunday! The food looks so yummy and I loved your blush romper!

    xo | Cindy Elena
    www.boringclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The food was great! It's definitely one of my favourite summer playsuits, the colour is perfect!

      Thuy xo

      Delete
  3. What a lovely post, love everything about it. The flowers, your outfit and The Grind. I've been there 2 times while I was in London, such a gorgeous set for coffee and brunch.

    https://mihabalan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind, thank you! :) I've been to The Grind too many times already, it's become a favourite of mine!

      Thuy xo

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I've already got a Sunday planned, so similar to this!!
    I'm even more excited to visit Columbia flower now that I've seen your photos :)
    Lyndi

    www.stylecalling.com

    ReplyDelete

© Thuy's Edit . Design by Fearne.